A BRAVE DEED
Last year, in the month of June, there was a big fire in my neighborhood shops. The gutted shops were mainly of jute and plastic dealers. There were three godowns of plastic toys and two ales depots of jute and gunny bags. One fireman did a marvelous job there. He was later granted medal with two special increments by concerned officers
The fire was first reported at about 2 a.m. and the fire engines reached the fire spot around 2.15 a.m. it took them eight hours to extinguish the raging blaze. Luckily, there were no casualty. The staff of these shops was caught unaware. Two of them fainted due to shock. It was there that the fireman made them sit, for two whole hours, under his care. He seemed to be everywhere, looking after the people in distress. He rendered first aid to some of the victims of the fire, and after a while telephoned the local hospital and called for doctors to look after these man.
When he came to know that an old man was trapped in a godown, without caring for this own safety, he immediately climbed the roof of a burnt shop with the help of a rope ladder and brought the old man out with the assistance of two other workers of the shop.